OC Law Group

We can help you resolve your status in the United States!

You are more likely to be approved for Temporary Protected Status or Asylum if you work with a lawyer. We have been through the process many times and can give you advice on how to complete the application. Contact us for more information.

Get a free consultation

Send us a message with the details of your case and we will reply as soon as possible, with available options to resolve your issue.

0 +

resolved cases

How can we help

If you want to apply for Temporary Protected Status or Asylum, we are here to help you. There are important documents you need to turn in, and they have to be turned in at the right time. If they aren’t filled out right or turned in at the right time, you might not get Temporary Protected Status or Asylum.

Below you can check are you eligible for TPS or Asylum. If you have any doubts feel free to contact us.

Temporary Protected Status (TPS)

If a foreign country meets one or more of the following conditions, people from that country could be granted Temporary Protected Status:
- There is armed conflict happening that makes the citizens returning unsafe
- An environmental disaster has happened, like an earthquake, flood, or tsunami
- A dangerous disease is spreading to large amounts of people

- The country cannot handle the return of its citizens. Usually, this is because there isn’t enough food or clean water


People whose lives are in danger in their home country can move to another country and apply for asylum. This means asking for permission from that country’s government to stay there because it isn’t safe to return home.

Common reasons for asylum
The person might be unsafe at home because of race, religion, sexual orientation, political beliefs, or other beliefs that make people want to hurt them or put them in prison. Often the government of their home country also wants to hurt them or put in them prison for one or more of these reasons.

When to apply for asylum
A person who moves to the U.S. for asylum has to apply within the first year. If the U.S. government agrees, it’s called asylum. It’s usually approved because the person is unsafe at home.

OC Law Group has the experience and knowledge to guide you through every step of the process. Our business is your future and we are there for you. Send us a message through the contact form above or call us at 847-258-9954.

Countries currently designated for TPS


Burma (Myanmar)


El Salvador






South Sudan